Guitar Injury

Guitar Injury
Suffering for my art

Friday, October 31, 2014

And Now For Something REALLY Scary!


I thought in honor of Halloween I would post something truly frightening...which is this picture of 457 string guitar.

I might have exaggerated about the strings a little. It was for dramatic effect.

Anyone who has ever tried to tune a 12-string on a regular basis is aware of how scary THIS is. I remember my former musical partner (I will refer to her here as Jessie, mostly because her name is Jessie) played an Ovation 12-string as her primary instrument. Whenever we would be ready to practice, or (Gawd forbid) perform, I would tune up my trusty 6-string...and then wait for Jessie to tune up her 12-string.

And I would wait....

,,,and wait,,,,

...and wait...

I'd finally have dinner, take a nap, polish my guitar, and play my entire repertoire of John Denver songs...and she'd still be tuning.

I'm amazed that Jessie didn't end up pulling a Pete Townsend with that thing.

So, I'm pretty sure that whoever invented that pictured guitar THING did it as a kind of torture device.

Well played, sadistic, psycho musician. Well played.

The only thing that would have been scarier would be a guitar with TWO SOUND HOLES...so ALL of your picks would disappear into them! You would then be destined to spend an eternity maniacally shaking your guitar like an upside-down etch-a-sketch trying to dislodge them. You'd finally give up, throw in even more picks, and turn your guitar into a weirdly shaped maraca...

MUAHAHAHAHA!


(Insert evil music here-preferably Rocky Mountain High by John Denver. Hey, they used it in 'Final Destination'...).

Anyway, I hope you guitarists don't have bad dreams now...

In the spirit of Halloween, here is what my guitar, Charlene, is wearing for the trick-or-treaters. I think it's a pretty good costume,



She's dressed as a lesbian.

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment