Guitar Injury

Guitar Injury
Suffering for my art

Friday, October 24, 2014

Guitar Case Art and Thibodeaux's New Guitar

My case...the more sensible version...

A new guitar case is a blank canvas with many, many possibilities. Many musicians use their guitar cases as a sort of "travel scrapbook," collecting stickers from the places they have traveled and played. Some guitarists like to express their likes, interests...things that move them...and may add favorite symbols, quotes, song lyrics...still others may use their guitar case art as a sort of soapbox to educate and disseminate information about pet causes, issues, organizations...

I personally used to use my guitar case for all three of these things-and in my younger days, I apparently was a feminist, tree hugging, crystal swinging, liberal, peace-sign loving, granola crunching, lesbian, agnostic, hippie yahoo...chock full of self-righteous arrogance and irreverent sarcasm...

I may (or may not be) still any number of those things, but what I have learned is that my guitar is INNOCENT-and I will therefore exercise caution in choosing what I put on my case.

I'm not sure whatever became of my beloved Takamine guitar, Gerdy. I like to think that she is safe on the bayou somewhere...being used by Duplessis Thibodeaux to further communicate the zydeco way...entertaining alligators throughout the land, helping cheerful and warm hearted people dance their nights away...

Chances are, however, that some air-ramper named Clyde ran her over with the baggage cart on the tarmac at Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport...because her case prominantly displayed rainbow flags, pink triangles, and a large bumper sticker that read, "Sorry I missed church, I was busy practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian."


I owe Charlene better...


Of course, I better still be careful if I fly in PAC-12 regions, especially at Sea-Tac International, which is Husky country. I had to put this on the case though. Charlene is a Cougar. I know it because I asked her.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Tony Brewer! I agree, and I must protect her from Clyde...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete